Tenex is a fixing system for metal structures that allows accurate and secure fitting. It is manufactured in accordance with ASTM F 1852, the product is made of medium carbon boron steel and is tempered and has a hardness of 25 to 34 HRC. Unlike the A325 regular bolts, Tenex has a device for the complete accuracy of the application.
The installation of Tenex is done with an electric screwdriver and when sufficient torque is reached, it is easy to see that the grooved spigot at the end of the screw is ruptured. There is no possibility of over tightening, because the sizing of the shear section is calibrated.
- Place the screw at the joint with the washer under the nut. Rotate manually to "touch".
- Using the screwdriver fit the inner socket on the spigot and the outer nut. When operating the machine the external socket will rotate and tighten the nut.
- Upon reaching the correct tightness, the spigot will be broken by shearing, separating it from the bolt.
- Remove the machine and eject the ruptured spigot.
- The installation is carried out with an electric screwdriver;
- The correct level of tightening is reached when the grooved spigot at the end of the screw is ruptured;
- There is no possibility of over-tightening, as the sizing of the shear section is calibrated;
- A torque meter can be used for the tightening